I made it!
Monaghan, Ireland. I'm here. =]
The flight wasn't too bad...the coach trip took forever...but it's ok because my host family is far better than I could've ever imagined!
I'm living with Grainne [who is just beautiful and fantastic and so so lovely] and her boyfriend [Brendan who seems pretty nice] and Megan. Megan Megan Megan. Where do I start? She is the most adorable 2 year old I have ever met. She has an incredibly strong accent so I have no idea what shes saying half the time, but she's mega cheerful and has the most animated face ever! Love her to pieces. Lisa, the other German exchange student, is awesome as well. We get along really well, and I think she's just as excited about everything as I am.
Yesterday I got my new school uniform [I'll post photos when I get the chance], and a new sim card. If you want to txt or call me you can on 0872651062. Still in the process of setting myself up but everything is fun fun fun!
Lisa and I woke up this morning to the most bizarre noise. We couldn't figure out what it was till I looked out our bedroom and saw a whole lot of cows. Haha. This country in beautiful! All the houses are so cute, there is green for miles and so many cows, sheep, horses and donkeys! Yay!
Also, Jo got me sick. POO! Jo is one of my Kiwi buddies who I flew with and went on camp with. We've had some fantastic laughs...but she got really sick with a flu...and decided to give it to me. Haha. But fret not. I got lozenges and stuff to make it go away. haha
I managed to ring home and to a couple of friends last night/this morning, so I'm full of love. So good to here your voices.
I miss everyone, but I'm having a blast!
-Rachel
Sunday, August 24, 2008
[: Here at last :]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment