Saturday, May 10, 2008

[: So much to take in :]

Yes, I am aware it's only a day after my last post, but already there is more on the topic to share!
Eloise and I shot off down to the airport this morning to meet with other friends to welcome home our buddies who have spent the last three weeks in Greece and Italy. Waiting in the arrival lounge in anticipation and finally seeing their faces was completly overwhelming. Tears flowing in every direction I turned! And I couldn't help to run the situation parallel to how my departure/arrivals may be, and a huge glump of homesickness warped inside of me. I'm going to miss everyone so so very much! [I really had better leave them this blog address some point soon so they can keep posted. haha]
So, this morning I have finished reading to present all the paperwork I have and there's so much to share! At current the estimated date of my departure is some time around the 14th of August. I fly up to Auckland, and then from Auckland to England [via Australia I think]. From arriving I go straight to the Language and Cultre Camp which is a one week camp as King Alfred's University College,Winchester [just over a one hour drive from London]. It may seem a bit silly for me to go on a laguage camp when I already speak English fluently [what with it being my mother-tounge], but it's going to be a great way to learn about England, Ireland etc and also to meet so many people in the same situation as I. I can't wait! During the camp I study English, Geography, Life in Britian, and Current Issues. And most likely a day trip to London. YAY!
There was heaps of technical stuff to read through, all relating to visas and insurance and all that other lame stuff for parents to be left to. Haha. But also a lot of information on the schooling system, history of Ireland, the fads etc.
I'm starting to get quite anxious about finding out about and meeting my host family. I'm sure they'll be great, but it's hard to imagine a family other than my own that I'll be living with for a whole year! AH! It's all suddenly becoming so real!
We've even started to get some stuff ready that I'll be taking with me - luggage and stuff. Currently I'm after a photo album to take with photos of all my friends, their addresses, email addresses, dates of birth etc. So in a way I can take all my loved ones with me!
Phew, so much is happening!
Until updates,
-Rachel.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo yo! will you have time to hang out with me in ak for a day or two before you leave? hope so. x shana