Saturday, May 10, 2008

[: Ireland Overload :]

I received another pack in the mail today to do with Ireland, Irish history/culture/literature etc, and also I'm sure some forms to fill in. What I found overwhelming though was the fact that it was six months worth of stuff in just on pack. So I have not finished reading through it all.
It seems that recently Ireland has been popping up everything for me! Firstly, I have of course all my exchange programme stuffm which obviously is all linked back to Ireland. Then, on Thursday I was up til 1am doing my director study on Neil Jordan, and Irish director and two of the films I was studying, "Breakfast on Pluto" and "The Crying Game" where heavily heavily Irish. [And I strongly recommend the director to everyone. And those films! He is incredible]. Then lately I've been watching more Dylan Moran and Black Books, an Irish comedian. And today at worked I served at Irish family. It's everywhere I turn! Maybe it's just that my senses are tuned into now that it's going to be playing a huge part in my life.
In other news, I've told the majority of my friends. It's odd, the people I felt closest to seem to be the ones reacting less. Martini and Mark specifically are really upset. I'm going to miss them so badly. And Cyren [my boyfriend] is obviously devistated. He's just so fantastic, and it's hard to image I'll be spending a whole year away from him, everyone! Is it bad for me to already feel somewhat homesick?? I feel like such the bad guy for this, but I know it's going to be the most incredible experience!!
Ah...such is life.
My friends who went to Greece and Italy get back tomorrow, so I get to see them in at the airport in the morning so I had better get some sleep.
It seems everyone is off exploring the world these days.
And my turn is just around the corner =]
-Rachel

0 comments: