Friday, May 23, 2008

[: My Second Family Awaits :]

Exciting news! I rung Angela in the Auckland EF office yesterday about some details, and she shared with me something I've been longing to hear for quite some time now. They've found my host family! Yay! I literally squealed and jumped around the house once I got off the phone. Haha. I haven't been sent any information to contact them yet, but it is on its way.

However, I did find out where I am heading. Monaghan. According to wikipedia "Monaghan's population at the 2006 census stood at 7,811 (including rural area)." 7,811 people!! That's only just double the size of my current High School! Haha. But I've read some information about the area, and it sounds like a very good place to head. It's the the administrative capital of County Monaghan (the bright green part in the picture below). County Monaghan is a county in the
Republic of Ireland. It is one of three counties situated in the province of Ulster without being part of Northern Ireland.
So now I must wait for the email address and whatnot to be sent out so I can contact my host family. It's so exciting! So very exciting!
AHHHHH!
In other news, school is becoming quite stressful as I have about eight internals to complete before I leave and I'm stumped as to were I should begin and focus my energy. But I shall get there!
Also, my school Leavers' Ball is the day I go on the camp, so I obviously won't be here for it which is a bit upsetting, but I AM going to Tofu's formal with her. So now I have to stress about: homework and gaining enough credits, getting all organized for my exchange, getting everything ready for the formal, spending time and enjoying friends and family before I leave them for a year [sob] and I'm sure there are a few other things that must be dealt with.
People's reactions to my news hasn't been quite what I would have expected. Mind you, it took a while to really sink into me what was happening. Maybe it is the same for them?
Anyway, that's my update. Can't wait to contact Rachel's Family #2. Haha.
Till more news,
-Rachel

0 comments: