Yesterday my Placement Information from Education First arrived in the mail, and I now know the basics of my host family. I'm so so happy and excited!
From what I gather the household will consist of me, my host mum, a 3 year old girly and at least one other exchange student [who I will be sharing a room with]. I'm very excited that I'm going to be staying with another exchange student/s, as meeting different exchange students is one of the main appeals to me of the whole programme.
Other information they've told me:
-> No pets [I'll just have to take photos of Tommy and Skye with me]
-> Catholic [yay! I was hoping for a somewhat religious family]
-> My school - Monaghan Collegiate School
I've also got a list of Megan's activities/interests and it looks like we should get along well!
Some info on my school:
-> A co-ed secondary school
-> Just outside Monaghan town
-> Current roll is 225 students [haha. Quite a contrast from Burnside Highschool's 3000ish]
-> School uniform [but a pretty nifty one if I do say so myself]
-> Irish, English & Mathematics are compulsory
-> I can't take drama which is a bit upsetting
It's gonna be weird, and very VERY different. But my gosh I am excited! So so SO excited!!
Until more news comes my way,
Rachel
Saturday, May 31, 2008
[: I've been placed :]
Posted by Rachel Alcorn at 5:08 PM
Labels: Education First, host family, Monaghan Collegiate School, Placement Information
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment