Friday, February 27, 2009

[: Away with the family! :]

So, I spent about 11 days with my family last week cruising around Dublin, Paris and London....and had an absolute blast!
It was so good to see Mom, Dad and Richard again, I was really starting to miss them, and am getting rather excited about going home in just 13 weeks now. Weeeeeee! We had a big talk about my 'future' and such, and if plans go ahead then I should be studying at UC for half a year when I get back, then next year I plan to move to Welly and study at Vic, and then at the end of that year I should be back in Ireland (and Europe in general) for a bit to go to Grainne and Brendan's wedding. Woooooooo. So, even though recession is the devil and I probably won't get enough money for it all....positive thinking.

Our trip was fantastic, but really full on...my feet are still adjusting to not walking all day. Haha. We spent a lot of it doing the big touristy site-seeing stuff (which I loved) as well as checking out some fantastic pubs! Here's a few things we got up to:
Dublin: The Guinness Factory, Kilmainham Gaol, Dublin Castle, Book of Kells
Paris: Eiffel Tower, Musee d'Orsay, Notre Dame Cathedral

London: Tate Modern, Arc de Triomphe, Globe Theatre, Tower of London
Well, those are all the ones I can remember at the moment anyway.
Not too much else to really talk about (not really in a thinking mood). Just sort of planning possible things for the future that won't drain my pocket (or my parent's pockets might me a bit more appropriate)

Gonna upload photos later!
-Rachel

(p.s. here's just a quick snap of Mom, Richard and I in the London Underground)

0 comments: