Thursday, December 11, 2008

[: Runny Nose :]

Woo. So, I haven't been fighting-fit lately. Got a runny nose, headaches, going through coughing-fits. All the good stuff. Haha. But I haven't let it damper my spirits at all.
So, last weekend me, Lisa(Germany), Phoebe(NZ), Annaleena(Germany) and Tom(Germany) went on a mission to Belfast to do our Christmas shopping. And what a mission it was.
We arrived at the bus station at 9, as our bus was meant to depart at 9:25am. Only to find out we'd been told lies and it didn't leave until 10:20....a good way to start. So we sat around, drank coffee, discussed how attractive people hang out at the bus station and then caught our overpriced bus to Belfast. Upon arrival we asked when the last bus home was to leave (it was meant to be at around 9pm) only to find out it left at 3:50. So we only had 3 hours. And then the shopping madness started.
We streaked through the city grabbing our Christmas presents, browsing the Christmas market [which was absolutely amazing. So much exotic scents and foods]. Once we were exhausted, we decided to drop by at Subway to regenerate. We laughed, discussed, talked. All was fun....and then we realised our last bus home left in 10 minutes and we were on the other side of town. If we missed it we were to be stranded...not the most pleasant of ideas. So 5 foreign exchange students, carrying copious amounts of shopping bags, wearing impractical clothing sprinted through Belfast, asking strangers for directions, taking wrong turns...eventually wound up at the station with 2 minutes to spare. It was a hell of a close call.
So, have most of my shopping done, I just need to buy Lisa's Christmas present, my Secret Santa present, and finish making Phoebe's....ok...so I actually have quite a bit to do. Joy.
Well, My birthday was good. I got really really good presents. Things I was after!
I got exactly the skullcandy's I wanted, which are beautiful and I love like a baby child. Awesome awesome earrings. A real cool Celtic ring from Grainne. A BopIt from Lisa [which I have wanted for years]. Really good makeup [which saves me the stress of buying more]. A magazine. A scarf. And 5 different genres of chocolaty baked goodness! And some of the girls from school gave me cards with money in them. Very sweet =] Then this weekend I might be eating pizza with friends or something. Woohoo!
Other than that...I've been reading a lot lately....Twilight. The movie comes out next Friday and Me, Lisa and Phoebe [who are absolutely obsessed] are going to see the opening screening. Woohoo! Can't wait.
Also have the Austrian Ski Trip in January and seeing my family in February. I'm a very excited bunny!
xoxox

0 comments: