Geeze, I've really been slacking on here. Not good Rachel! I mean, I haven't even mentioned Galway.
Well, a few weekd ago, during the mid-term break, Phoebe and I went to Galway for a week to stay with her Mom's best friend. We stayed on an organic farm and met some amazing people. On the farm they had 2 Australian WOOFers [Work On Organic Farms]. Basically, they are working they're way through Europe by working on organic farms in return for food and board. They were really interesting and pretty awesome. The house we stayed in was called 'The Wooden House' or something. They ordered it in Finland, and basically it was a house in a box. All the planks of wood arrived, with a whole lot of instructions, and they erected it themselves. It's absolutely beautiful. I'll have to upload the photos, we took heaps. We had a blast though, helping out, checking out the town, shopping, taking photos with a statue of Oscar Wilde, checking out the Irish music scene. It was great!
Then that weekend when we got back it was Halloween. One of the lads from school, Dwayne, was hosting a Halloween party and it was fantastic. It was out in the middle of nowhere, but nearly everyone dressed up and we had fireworks and whatnot! Phoebe and I went as sharks =] After the party we arrived home after midnight, and I realized I left my key at home...so after assessing the house I ended up climbing through a window that was about 35cm-35cm...I have no clue how I got through it but I did. The window was also quite high up, anyone...after struggling through it I stepped in the fat left over from the George Foreman, slipped and then let Phoebe in laughing ridiculously hard over the whole event.
Since that we've been back at school and not a lot has happened. Had a few quite weekend, trying to save cash but it's not going too well. Haha. Phoebe cut my hair a couple of weekends ago and this Saturday I put some more purple in it. My nails are still looking fantastic!
I'm so excited at the moment. I just have so many plans in the near future!!
1) Not tomorrow but next Tuesday we have Pendulum to go to! Woo!! It's gonna be incredible
2) The following day I'm going to a 'Stars in your Eyes' thing locally
3) My 18th is finally coming up near the start of December
4) Megan's birthday this December [which is apparently always a huge deal!!]
5) Christmas!!
6) NEW YEARS!!
7) Ski Trip to Austria in January =] Very exciting
8) February, I meet up with my parents and brother and go to Dublin, Paris and London! Yay!
I'm missing everyone quite a lot at the moment, especially since all my friends back home have finished school now and forever, and their exams finish soon too. It's really hard to think Christmas and the end of the year are approaching because it's absolutely freezing, and we're not even halfway through the school year. Hopefully I don't get hung up on it. I am very excited about celebrating Christmas in a different country with a different family, but I really am going to miss my own family and traditions. Hopefully it's not too different for them without me there.
Thinking of you all like mad!!
And everyone should send me emails updating me on what they're doing!
xoxox
-Rachel
Monday, November 17, 2008
[: The Plans That Await :]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment