Time for an update!
So, I've got the net at home now...but it's relly slow and always cuts out >.< But yea, I'm gonna try get my photos up soon...it just takes about an hour per photo [no joke].
So, the title of this post comes for a few main reasons:
1) I miss fruit. Honestly, I'm terribly depressed about the fact that the fruit here is like the stuff left at the bottom of the tray that nobody ever picks up. No juicy apples. No sweet Oranges. Nothing is ripe. Nothing is fresh. None of it is good. The apples taste of flour and the oranges taste rank. The kiwifruit are good....but the rest is just dreadful. I'm going on a hunt soon for a fruit/vege store that doesn't suck! Ugh! It's really bringing my moost down [no kidding. I think it's a chemical thing] that I'm not getting my usual fruit intake. I'm not getting my 5+ a day!! "I want my Red Delicious" [Flight of the Conchords]
2) Well, number 2 was the missing of Marmite, but I managed to find some...no way near as good as NZ Marmite though. It's really really runny. But atleast I have something for my toast.
3) Subway. Oh. My. God. There is no Subway in Monaghan >.< BAH! How dare they!
4) The bread here tastes like sugar. Everything is full of sugar. I'm missing cold fresh lettuce, crispy apples, fresh hot bread, cool carrots and everything else.
Ok.
Rant over.
Haha. But don't get me wrong, I'm still loving this place to pieces. And the food is GREAT! Fantastic meals every night! I suppose my body is still adjusting to the change [except the fruit matter. Ugh. It makes me angry. Stupid Irish fruit being all sucky and stuff]
Soo, the food IS yummy. Yummy yummy yummy. Man, I've never eaten so many spuds. Potatoes with EVERY meal! Hahaha.
This weekend Monaghan had the Blues Festival so me and Phoebe [another kiwi] went and checked it out. Friday night we wound up in an Irish Pub, chatting away with the owner with some old random drunk Irishman telling us Irish Jokes. Bliss. Was so much fun. And then last night the weather was beautiful and town was packed! It was great!
Everything is so much safer here! [Fret not, I'm still on my guard and will go running and screaming from trouble. Haha] But you just feel a lot calmer out in public.
No silly girls going missing and winding up in forests like Christchurch. Haha.
Well, I think that's enough to fill you in.
Hopefully these photos won't be lame and will upload for me.
-Rachel
xoxoxerox
Sunday, September 7, 2008
[: Going through withdrawls :]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment