I've been meaning to write for a long time, but I've just been so pre-occupied.
So, a lot has happened since I last wrote.
I've now officially checked out Dublin. It was just for a day trip [school art-trip] but I'm mega excited about going back! We checked out two of the main galleries there, saw Frances Bacon's art studio and some really good work. The other students didn't enjoy it that much but I thought it was fantastic. Very impressive. Didn't have time to do any shopping, but I did manage to get myself a really good bagel and smoothie. Haha. And [here's some exciting news] I am to return to Dublin on the 25th of November to see Pendulum!! I'm so excited! A big group of us are hiring out a bus and going to Dublin, partying, checking out the gig, then busing back. It's going to be great! I can't wait.
I've been into town most weekends with Phoebe, checking out the Pubs. We usually go to McKenna's, and we've now started to get to know the regulars. Last week that had a few bands playing. I met one of the fellas in one of the bands a few weeks ago so he got me into the gig for free. Yay!
School is not bad. We got banned from our form room a few weeks ago because the lads were throwing stuff around [as per usual] and destroyed the roof and the DVD player. Nice one. But we've now been let back in! Yay!
I'm flying ahead in maths...mainly because it's all the stuff I did 2 years ago. Haha. It's good though, makes me feel maths. English is still just horrible...but possibly a change this week coming? Hopefully. I miss Mr Boje!! Art is good, even though I'm not too great at it. We're doing oil painting at the moment...I'm doing a flamingo =]
The one thing that's been killing me the last couple of weeks is our school bus system. To get home I have to catch bus 1 from the school to the library, then bus 2 from the library home. Everything was fine for the first couple of weeks....but then all the buses that left our school started to change their routes without telling us, therefor making us late to the library...or not get there at all. So we kept getting stranded in town. And then once we got that sorted, the driver of bus 2 began getting pressured by the girls from the Convent that get on it before us that he shouldn't wait for us. So we'd get to the library on time, but he'd have already left. Anyway, we rung the company and I'm pretty sure it's all sorted now.
Uuuuuuhhhh. Ireland is so expensive! Phoebe and I have officially, starting tomorrow, altered our spending budgets as to manage to survive. I mean 50 Euro a week is easily enough [were both on the same], but everything is still so expensive!! Especially when you get taxi drivers who think it's a fun game to charge you too much. But oh well, such is life!!
I've got some more photos, including some ones from school. I'll hopefully get them loaded up soon.
Missing everyone lots and lots!
Hope mommy and daddy are having a smashing time in Europe!!
Everyone should leave me messages, emails, comments telling me whats going on in their lives and how much they love me! hahaha
xox
-Rachel
Sunday, October 12, 2008
[: It's been a while :]
Posted by Rachel Alcorn at 12:53 PM
Labels: Dublin, Monaghan Collegiate School, Pendulum, pubs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment